Director of Development and Communications
August 26, 2021 – Calm Waters, the only grief center in Central Oklahoma, is seeking a full-time Director of Development and Communications to oversee all Calm Waters fundraising and marketing activities.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Erin Engelke, Executive Director, at email@example.com
SUMMARY: Responsible for all fundraising and marketing activities of Calm Waters. Creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising, which includes solicitation of gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other sources, planning and execution of special events, submission of grants, and other opportunities to increase funding for the organization. This position is also responsible for creating, managing, and overseeing all marketing, public relations, advertising, and other communication efforts in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Executive Director to submit grant applications, as well as identify new grant opportunities for the agency.
- Assist in the preparation of the United Way applications, data prep, and analysis
- Responsible for the planning and execution of fundraising events
- Identify and develop new individual, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Oversee and manage Charlotte Lankard Giving Society, monthly donor program, and other special fundraising programs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the donor database (noting all gifts of cash, pledges or in-kind)
- Responsible for timely acknowledgment of giving, as well as reminders of pledges or other gifts
Marketing and Communications Duties
- Develop and publish consistent communications, including e-newsletters, web content, social media, written materials, impact/annual reports, brochures, flyers, invitations, and other external communications
- Execute media plan to generate publicity and strong relationships with local media, including newspaper, television, and radio stations
- Develop branded presentations for use in promoting the organization at speaking engagements
- Manage relationships with external vendors for the design, production, and printing of marketing, mail appeal, and promotional materials
- Oversee the organization’s website, ensuring content is up to date, relevant, and user-friendly
- Oversee and manage the organization’s social media accounts and promotions, including messaging and measurement
- Attend, participate and speak at appropriate meetings and events in the community to raise awareness of the organization.
- Provide agency tours to community groups, donors, and volunteers.
- Oversee PR/Marketing board committee and ensuring regular reporting and communications with board and community volunteers.
Additional skills and abilities required
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite or other design software
- Must be an innovative self-starter searching for ways to enhance funding and awareness of Calm Waters.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and ability to utilize reflective supervision
- Ability to work as a cooperative and supportive team member
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with peers, volunteers and other stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Experience (2-4 years minimum) in nonprofit funding is a must. Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Clearance of background check.