Calm Waters is Hiring a
ANNOUNCEMENT – Sept. 4 2020 – Calm Waters, the only grief center in Central Oklahoma, is seeking an experienced licensed therapist to provide evidence-based mental health services to children, adolescents, and adults impacted by grief and loss (specifically, death, divorce, deployment, deportation, incarceration, adoption or foster care)
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Heather Warfield, Programs Director, at Heather@calmwaters.org.
Job Title: Therapist
Reports To: Programs Director
Work Schedule: Part-time
Level/Salary Range: $18-22/hour
Operating under the oversight of the Programs Director, the Part-Time Therapist is responsible for providing evidence-based mental health services to individuals, couples, children, and families impacted by grief and loss. The Contract Therapist will work with a wide range of clients, create treatment plans, and diagnostically assess for additional appropriate services as needed. This position may be filled by licensure candidates or fully licensed LPCs, LMFTs and LCSWs in the state of Oklahoma.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct mental health assessments for children, adolescents, adults and develop treatment plans accordingly
- Deliver individual, family and/or couple therapy to clients
- Maintain current and accurate clinical documentation of progress notes, treatment plans, and contacts into the electronic system in a timely manner
- Attend team and staff meetings as scheduled
Additional skills and abilities:
- Demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with a diverse group of clients and professionals.
- Demonstrates willingness to provide services to children, adolescents, and adults
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and the ability to utilize reflective supervision
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work as a cooperative and supportive team member
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with peers, volunteers and other stakeholders
Required Education and/or Experience
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field.
Licensed or under supervision in Oklahoma as a LCSW, LPC or LMFT.
Additional job requirements
Clearance of background check.
A strong clinical understanding of clinical interventions specific to children and families’ grief experience.
About Calm Waters Center for Children and Families
Calm Waters Center for Children and Families provides FREE grief support services for children and families on their grief journey caused by death, divorce or other significant loss. Since beginning in 1992, Calm Waters has served more than 50,000 individuals across the Greater OKC Metro Area through their Center and School Support Groups. For more information about Calm Waters and their services, visit Calmwaters.org or call 405-841-4800. Calm Waters is a proud United Way of Central Oklahoma Partner Agency.