Parenting Through Divorce Seminars
Due to the evolving COVID-19 crisis, all May seminars will be virtual ZOOM classes.
June seminars will be in person.
Seminar dates, times and fees will remain the same.
Please read the below information before choosing your seminar date
Parenting Through Divorce (PTD) is a four-hour Oklahoma court-mandated seminar for divorcing parents.
This seminar meets court requirements for a co-parenting or parenting class for parents involved in the divorce process.
House Bill 2249 requires divorcing parents with children under the age of 18 to attend an educational program concerning the impact of divorce on children.
Parenting Through Divorce seminars cost $50.
The goals of the PTD seminar are to:
- Educate parents about the all-encompassing effects of divorce—emotional, financial, societal and psychological
- Teach parents how to parent through the divorce process
- Teach parents how to better communicate with each other and their children
- Reduce the level of conflict between parents during and after the divorce process
Participant Information and Class Location
- Participants are required to register and pay online before the seminar
- ‘Walk-ins’ are not allowed
- Child Care is NOT provided and children cannot attend the seminar
- Divorcing/divorced parents are not permitted to attend the same seminar date
- The $50 payment for the seminar is NON-REFUNDABLE
- There is a one-chance $10 reschedule fee and you must call 405-841-4800 before your original seminar date to reschedule.
- There is a $10 re-issue fee to re-issue and reprint your seminar’s Certificate of Achievement
Calm Waters Center for Children and Families
Northwest Office Center
4334 NW Expressway, Suite 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
(South side of NW Expressway, between NW 63rd and Meridian)
This seminar is held in the Calm Waters conference room. The conference room entrance is located on the West side of the building and is wheel chair accessible.