Careers at Calm Waters
Calm Waters, Oklahoma City’s only grief support center, is growing in response to the increased demand for mental health services for the entire family. The global COVID-19 pandemic has brought renewed attention to mental health needs as our society navigates the collective grief of life prior to March 2020.
The mission of Calm Waters is to help children and families on their grief journey caused by death, divorce and other significant loss. We help people through our FREE support groups for the whole family and student support groups in partnership with greater OKC metro area schools, private pay counseling and consultations with mental health clinicians, parenting seminars and workplace crisis services.
Now Hiring: Full-time Contract Therapist
Contract position | $30-75/hour | Job posted 2-15-21
To apply: email your cover letter and resume to the hiring manager, Heather Warfield, LMFT at Heather@calmwaters.org.
Job Description Summary
Operating under the oversight of the Programs Director, the Contract Therapist is responsible for providing evidence-based mental health services to children, adolescents, and adults impacted by grief and loss (specifically, death, divorce, deployment, deportation, incarceration, adoption or foster care). The Contract Therapist will work with a wide range of clients, create treatment plans, and diagnostically assess for additional appropriate services as needed.
This position may only be filled by fully licensed LPCs, LMFTs and LCSWs in the state of Oklahoma and must have a clear background check.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field.
- Licensed in Oklahoma as a LCSW, LPC or LMFT.
Now Hiring: Development and Communications Intern
Part-time | Unpaid | Job posted 2-15-21
To apply: submit resume and cover letter to Emily R. Tate, Director of Development and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Summary:
Operating under the oversight of the Director of Development & Communications, duties include drafting content for news releases, e-newsletter copy, website and social media management, assisting with development/fundraising efforts including sponsorship outreach, donor data entry, and participating in speaking engagements and booth presentations. The intern will also assist with the planning and promotion of the agency’s two annual fundraising events, Under the Big Top and Ripples of Hope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide writing and design support for print and online media.
- Assist with the planning and promotion of Calm Waters’ two fundraising events, Under the Big Top (March 2020) and Ripples of Hope (June 2020).
- Assist with the creation and posting of social media content.
- Complete follow-up donor calls for potential event sponsors.
- Solicit in-kind contributors for events.
- Assist with the creation of the year-end mail campaign, including writing and taking photos/videos of clients and promotion.
- Attend and help promote the mission of Calm Waters at United Way booths, events, rallies and other speaking engagements.
- Complete data entry within the organization’s donor database
- Answering the phone and assisting with front office admin duties.
- Other duties as assigned in keeping with our mission and values.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in nonprofit management, marketing, journalism, public relations, advertising or related field
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & InDesign) or Canva
- Commit to a minimum of 10 hours of work a week
- High School Graduate
- College student actively seeking an Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree
- Clearance of background check
- Two professional references
At Calm Waters, our volunteers are the backbone of our organization. Volunteers have the option to serve in several capacities including facilitating small groups, assisting with special events, or performing administrative duties. Calm Waters’ volunteers come from all walks of life, but all share a sincere desire to be part of the healing process for the families that we serve.