Donate to Calm Waters
Close this search box.

Ways to Give

There are many ways to give at Calm Waters.

Calm Waters Center for Children and Families, FEIN 73-1561707, is a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization funded by private donations from philanthropic individuals, corporations and foundations. We do not receive any federal funding. Donations are a crucial part of continuing to help children and families in their grief journey caused by death, divorce or other significant loss. Your donation will make a substantial difference in the life of a child or a family. Please consider donating today.
Calm Waters Camp Courage -351

Make a Donation

Your donation to Calm Waters, no matter the size, will provide grief support during one of the most difficult times in someone’s life.

Calm Waters believes in providing services to children and families at NO COST so they can begin their grief journey and gain tools needed to cope, process and heal without adding additional stress to their financial situation.

Request Counseling

Honor a Loved One with an In Memoriam/In Honorarium Gift

Make a gift in honor of a loved one to Calm Waters. If you provide a name, email and/or mailing address when prompted, Calm Waters will mail a notification of your donation. 

All donation amounts are confidential unless otherwise specified.

Request Counseling

Become a Monthly Donor

With a monthly gift of $35, you will fund one session of mental health support per month for one person in Calm Waters’ care. A monthly donation will help Calm Waters continue to help children and families in their grief journeys caused by death, divorce or other significant loss by serving Oklahomans in our Support Groups and in our Counseling Clinic.

Calm Waters - Abbie and Layne 0405

Support the Calm Waters Endowment

Support the Calm Waters endowment with cash or stock gifts. Calm Waters’ only endowment is with the Communities Foundation of Oklahoma (CFO) and you can donate to the endowment online or mail a check to the CFO office at PO Box 21210, OKC, OK 73165.

Make the check to “Communities Foundation of Oklahoma” with Calm Waters in the subject line. CFO will send tax acknowledgments for all endowment donations received.


Join the Charlotte Lankard Giving Society

Named after the therapist who helped a young boy on his grief journey, and who then helped found Calm Waters over two decades ago, The Charlotte Lankard Giving Society exclusively recognizes individuals who contribute $1,000 or more a year and corporations who donate $5,000 or more a year in support of Calm Waters’ life-changing programs.

Sponsor an Event or Room

Want to support Calm Waters but not sure how? We have sponsorship opportunities for events, support group room, counseling suites and more! See how you or your organization can be involved with Calm Waters in a way that aligns with your values and community giving goals.

Volunteer for a Support Group

Co-facilitating a Calm Waters grief or divorce support group is an immensely rewarding experience that can foster healing change in the lives of others. Our support group facilitators work with children ages 3-18 years of age and their guardians. An in-house clinician remains on-site during all support group sessions. Training is required before a potential Support Group Facilitator may begin leading support groups.

Untitled design (67)

Subscribe to the Monthly Newsletter

Stay up to date with Calm Waters by subscribing to our monthly email newsletter, which is sent to your preferred inbox the last week of each month. Each newsletter contains updates about Calm Waters programs, needs, fundraising successes and future goals.

Shop on Amazon

When shopping on Amazon, make Calm Waters your designated charity and Amazon will donate a portion of their proceeds to us at no extra charge to you! Simply click on Amazon Smile and select “Calm Waters” as your beneficiary.

Donations can be mailed or hand-delivered to the Calm Waters office at:

Calm Waters Center for Children and Families

501 N. Walker, Suite 140
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(new address as of November 1, 2020)

or call the Development Office at 405-841-4800