Tuesday, July 19 | Wednesday, July 20 | Thursday, July 21
Registration Closed – We have reached capacity
Camp volunteer roles available for children ages 15 – 18
Location: Calm Waters Center for Children and Families
501 N. Walker, Suite 140, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Day-of registration is not available
About Camp Courage:
The fifth annual Camp Courage is Calm Waters’ 3-day art camp, July 19, 20 and 21, 2022 for children who have experienced a recent loss through death, divorce, incarceration, deportation, deployment, and foster/adoptive care issues. Thanks to the generosity of sponsors, including our premiere sponsor Edmond Women’s Club and Midtown Rotary, for providing scholarships and supplies.
Camp Courage provides a safe and healing environment that allows children to express their feelings of loss through art. Camp activities include artist-led drawing, painting, mixed media, dance, yoga, gardening, and much more and the last day of camp will end with a gallery art show for their families and peers.
Camp Courage registration is full. If you have questions about registration, please contact Hannah Showalter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We invite children between 15 to 18 years old to volunteer as a Junior Camp counselors during the 3-day camp. Apply here!
Child must be 6-18 years old
Child has experienced a significant loss
Volunteer at Camp Courage!
What to expect:
- Volunteers will come on July, Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th, and Thursday 21st from 8:15-12:00.
- We would like to have the same group leaders every day so the campers can get to know their leader
- Group leaders will guide their group to the art activities following a schedule
- Group leaders will help the children with the activity and encourage the group members to get to know each other following the camp curriculum.
- Group Leaders will have a maximum of 8 campers in their group.
- Each group will have two group leaders and a teen counselor to assist the campers
- Each camper will have a curriculum that guides them in learning about the value of expressing grief through art. Parents will receive an email following camp with information about the art form their children learned and how to encourage the expressions they learned at home
- The final day we will host an art show from camp from 11:30-12:30 – all artists are welcome to stop in to see the campers present their art!
For questions or to sign up as a volunteer, email Hannah Showalter, LMSW, at email@example.com.
Thank you to our premiere Camp Courage sponsor
Edmond Women’s Club
Thank you to our Young Artist sponsor